Counselling services in Whitehorse
Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services
Provides priority access to counselling for victims of sexualized assault. Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services is a member of the Sexualized Assault Response Team.
Counsellors also provide a range of mental wellness services to support individuals, families and communities. This includes:
- withdrawal management;
- intensive treatment programs;
- mental health nursing; and
Make an appointment
Provides crisis support, counselling, information and navigation of the justice system to victims of any crime.
Support workers can offer free, confidential, victim-centred supports, information and related services for victims of sexualized assault.
If you’re in a community
Phone: 867-393-6930 or 867-393-6931
Our toll free, general information number 1-800-661-0408 is not currently working. Once it's working call toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8500.
If you’re in Whitehorse
Other counselling options
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – Yukon Division offers free counselling services for youth, adults and couples and free wellness programs for youth and adults.
- Contact information: 867-668-6429
- All Genders Yukon connects transgender, 2-spirit, non-binary people and their partners with safe counselling services.
- Contact information: email@example.com
- Blood Ties Four Directions provides counselling and other support services for people who are HIV or Hepatitis C positive or at significant risk of becoming so.
- The Outreach Van in Whitehorse provides counselling services from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- Contact information: 867-334-1647
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation provides referrals for general counselling services that recognize the interconnection of addictions, trauma, and mental wellness. Services are offered to individuals, couples and families. Services are open to all, but priority is given to Kwanlin Dün Citizens.
- Contact information: 867-668-7289
- Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Crisis Line is a 24-hour national residential school crisis line to provide support for former residential school students.
- Contact information: toll free in the Yukon 1-866-925-4419